Thursday, June 25, 2015

Black&White or Lavender: Integration of Opposites


Entering the vegetal world of the garden feels like entering another realm, one in which bees, sun and lavender are most important, and the checklists piled on my desk at home fade to a nagging memory.
Yet both worlds exist simultaneously. I watch silvery butterflies on a voyage through the fragrance garden, inhale the pungent, sharp smell of lavender blossoms crushed between my fingers, feel the cool spray and hear the air-meeting-water sound of the sprinklers. I judge all of this to be pleasant and easy. Still, the image of my cluttered desk and the tasks waiting there arise in my mind. These, I associate with stress, pressure and unpleasantness.




No comments:

Featured Post

Swimming With Sedna

"Playful Sedna" by Kakulu Saggiaktok Slide the shoulder under, submerge. I am (not) a fish but that same liquid is (...

Popular Posts